CrashPlan is the award-‐winning endpoint data protection solution from Code42. Utilized by more than 35,000 businesses including the most recognized brands and the most prestigious universities in the world, CrashPlan provides automatic, continuous data protection with no disruption to the end user—and enables users to restore data to any device.
CrashPlan®, the market leader in enterprise endpoint backup, is a cloud-‐based solution uniquely suited to meet the data protection and disaster recovery needs of educational institutions. CrashPlan has been embraced by collaborative technology communities dedicated to solving common technology challenges for higher education—including Internet2 and InCommon. These organizations serve hundreds of universities, research and education partners in countries throughout the world. CrashPlan works across platforms to back up and protect data produced on Mac, Windows and Linux devices—wherever they are. It requires no user intervention to initiate backup and produces no disruptions to device performance. Because mobile laptops often are connected to unsecured networks, a very high standard of security is required to ensure privacy.
CrashPlan’s multi-‐layered approach to security was engineered to meet this high standard and exceeds industry best practices, while balancing the end user’s need for convenience and flexibility. By running silently in the background, CrashPlan continuously protects data created and stored on faculty and student laptops and desktops, automatically backing up data to the destinations of your choice—private, public or hybrid cloud. And no matter where data is stored,
CrashPlan enables you to hold the encryption keys, giving only your admin and authorised users the ability to decrypt data. CrashPlan gives IT complete visibility and control of endpoint data, and supports adherence to data security, compliance and privacy requirements. CrashPlan is simply managed via a powerful console where one admin can manage hundreds or many thousands of users.
SIMPLIFIED ENDPOINT MANAGEMENT
- Both CrashPlan endpoint backup and SharePlan enterprise file sync and share can authenticate users via federated identity services and provide single sign-‐on convenience for end users
- With CrashPlan, universities can deploy one multi-‐platform solution to manage data on Mac, Windows and Linux platforms, and enable users to securely access data on iOS, Android, Windows and Kindle Fire mobile devices.
- CrashPlan ensures every version of every file is safe and always ready to restore by automatically verifying the health of your backup archives.
- Store data without limits on file types, size or frequency—including deleted file retention. 2014-‐10 3
DATA SECURITY, COMPLIANCE AND PRIVACY
- Meet your data security and privacy requirements with end-‐to-‐end encryption and choice of cloud deployment. Code42 enables you to keep the encryption keys wherever your data is stored.
- Support e-‐discovery, legal holds and compliance via centralized management, audit trails, real-‐time policy creation, and customized reporting.
- Rely on 24×7 monitoring and support from Code42 Customer Champions in USA, UK and Australia.
The GÉANT CrashPlan service will utilize the GÉANT network infrastructure to improve performance, integrate EDUGain identity, and provide additional unique features for higher education.