COMPAREX is a global IT provider specializing in license management, sourcing, technical product consulting and cloud-based professional services. With a track record spanning thirty years, COMPAREX serves the public-sector, SMB and large international corporations.
Who is eligible for the Comparex/GÉANT IaaS offering?
Almost all Research and Education institutions, including Universities, within 24 countries across Europe.
Eligible countries are: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Macedonia, The Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
What are the benefits of the framework agreement?
- Access to cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technology under special commercial terms.
- No need to complete a full OJEU tender process for every new IaaS contract.
high discounts that are only available under this framework agreement
one-stop availability of Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
GÉANT and your NREN (national research and education network) can provide procurement and technical advice to their member institutions and may assist in brokering contracts under the framework on behalf of individual institutions.
Alternatively, setting up agreements without NREN involvement directly with COMPAREX is possible within the framework as well.
What COMPAREX offers to GÉANT framework customers
- Response to queries via phone calls and emails, with fast acknowledgement times
- Specialist and independent advice regarding the advantages for options under Microsoft Azure and AWS agreements, as well as deployment options
- Fast and accurate vendor agreement set-up
- Cloud migration services and planning workshops
What is the process?
- Contact local COMPAREX Account Manager. Please see ‘Contact Us’ via comparex.co.uk/geant
- Institution and COMPAREX develop and complete GÉANT call-off agreement with COMPAREX.
- The flow of the initial order that comes afterwards will depend on the fact whether customer has an AWS account or not. In order to register a customer account or migrate it, COMPAREX needs some basic user information.
Option 1: Customer already has an AWS account. This account is already populated with the relevant information. Transfer of AWS account information to COMPAREX to be able to manage and offer the AWS services. This will be done by email invitation and customer acceptance.
Option 2: Customer does not have an AWS account. COMPAREX will initiate the customer enrolment, and will run a full onboarding process, gathering any necessary data and providing to the nominated AWS Account Administrator. Upon creation, COMPAREX will forward the login credentials to this email address.
COMPAREX will allocate dedicated resources to support every customer, including:
- Key Account Manager
- Cloud Technical Specialist
- Amazon Web Services Specialist Team
This team will guide institutions through the onboarding process, including guidance on AWS licensing structures, in order to identify the best value configuration for the institution’s circumstances.