In order to use Sparkle’s AWS services your organization (NRENs, education & research institutions) must have a call-off agreement, as defined within the GÉANT framework agreement. Please contact our commercial representative at GEANT-CLOUD@tisparkle.com to register your organization. The steps necessary to provision user access to AWS cloud services are:
- The organization’s designated representative will request the creation of one or more AWS accounts via email to GEANT-CLOUD@tisparkle.com. In the near future the Account registration and provisioning will be performed through Sparkle’s cloud automation portal, under development.
- Your Identity Provider (IdP) will enable for your organization to allow Edu Gain federated access for your designated users. The IdP information (meta-data) for your organization will be configured in Sparkle’s authentication servers.
- The administrator at the user’s organization must authorize users to access the IaaS resources. The administrator first needs to consider the structure of the different roles within the AWS accounts (administrator, budget holders, project head, users, etc.)
- Now users can access Sparkle’s authentication portal for AWS at http://aws.cloud.tisparkle.com/. using eduGAIN federated login.
- First, the user selects her institutional Identity Provider and clicks Login.
- The Login page appears. She uses her organization’s authorized login and password.
- She is logged into the proper AWS Console with associated IAM roles. (A request is submitted to her administrator if she is not yet authorized.)