GÉANT to offer Dimension Data Cloud services to research and education institutions in Europe
GÉANT, Europe’s leading collaboration on network and related e-infrastructure and services for the benefit of research and education, today announced that it will offer Dimension Data Cloud services through 18 of its National Research and Education Network (NREN) partners, reaching thousands of universities, schools and research institutions.
Following a pan-European Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) tender, GÉANT will provide Dimension Data’s enterprise-class IaaS in support of the education community’s need for transformation with regards platform agility, security and collaboration. Education and research institutions will benefit from:
- Being able to buy directly from Dimension Data, without the need for complex and time-consuming tenders and contract procedures
- Aggregated volume discounts
- Framework contracts compliant with EU privacy and data security regulations
- Single sign-on, via the community’s identity management capabilities; and
- Significantly reduced network traffic costs through Dimension Data services which are connected to high performance data networks provided by GÉANT and its NREN partners.
“Dimension Data and its ecosystem of channel partners are ideally positioned to help our clients’ transformation to digital businesses through a portfolio of end-to-end services that are supported by world-class professional, consulting and managed services,” said Brian Miller, Sales and Marketing Director for Europe. “Our services-led approach will enable GÉANT to provide for agile, scalable, secure platform to institutions focused on a digital experience for their students, academics and researchers.”Steve Cotter, GÉANT CEO added, “We’re excited to add Dimension Data to our Cloud Catalogue. This catalogue enables our NREN partners to select the best solution for their customers, bringing cloud services that are tailored for the research and education communities to millions of potential users across Europe.”GÉANT joins the growing number of service providers, resellers, independent software vendors (ISVs) and trading communities that are benefitting from Dimension Data’s OneCloud Partner Programme, including access to Dimension Data’s global Managed Cloud Platforms.