Google App Engine is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering that lets you build and run applications on Google’s infrastructure. App Engine applications are easy to build, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs change. With App Engine, there are no servers for you to maintain. You simply upload your application and it’s ready to go. Tools you know and love.Python, Java, PHP, Go, MySQL-compatible Cloud SQL. Used by millions.Snapchat, Rovio, and Khan Academy
Google App Engine supports apps written in a variety of programming languages.
● Java: Using App Engine’s Java runtime environment, you can build your application using standard Java technologies.
● Python: App Engine features a fast Python interpreter and standard Python libraries.
● PHP: App Engine uses Google’s Cloud Platform services under the hood when you call standard PHP functions.
● Go: App Engine features a Go runtime environment that runs natively compiled Go code. Google App Engine makes it easy to build and deploy an application that runs reliably even under heavy load and with large amounts of data. It includes the following features:
● Persistent storage with queries, sorting, and transactions.
● Automatic scaling and load balancing.
● Asynchronous task queues for performing work outside the scope of a request.
● Scheduled tasks for triggering events at specified times or regular intervals.
● Integration with other Google cloud services and APIs.
Popular languages and frameworks
Write applications in some of the most popular programming languages: Python, Java, PHP and Go. Use existing frameworks such as Django, Flask, Spring and webapp2. Develop locally with language-specific SDKs. Pair your applications with Compute Engine to integrate other familiar technologies such as Node.js, C++, Scala, Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis and more.
Focus on your code
Let Google worry about database administration, server configuration, sharding and load balancing. With Traffic Splitting, you can A/B test different live versions of your app. Multitenancy support lets you compartmentalize your application data.
Multiple storage options
Choose the storage option you need: a traditional MySQL database using Cloud SQL, a schemaless NoSQL datastore, or object storage using Cloud Storage.
Powerful built-in services
App Engine makes you more productive by eliminating the need to write boilerplate code. Managed services, such as Task Queues, Memcache and the Users API, let you build any application.
Familiar development tools
Use the tools you know, including Eclipse, IntellIJ, Maven, Git, Jenkins, PyCharm and more. The App Engine SDK allows you to test applications locally in a simulated environment and then deploy your app with simple command-line tools or the desktop launcher.
Deploy at Google scale
Some of the world’s most popular web services are built on our platform. You can scale up to 7 billion requests per day and automatically scale down when traffic subsides.
Run on Google’s infrastructure
Build on the same infrastructurethat allows Google to return billions of search results in milliseconds, serve 6 billion hours of YouTube video per month and provide storage for 425 million Gmail users.