When the Coventry University IT team was asked to cut £1 million from its budget, it turned to virtualisation technologies. After comparing solutions, it chose to deploy Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter because the licensing model saved the university £129,000. The team is now using Hyper-V technology to virtualise as many virtual machines onto one server as it needs, without requiring licences for each machine. The team has also reduced staffing needs by one full-time staff member and saved £1 million of its budget.
Virtual Machines – Access to powerful computing environments, fast
- We make it easy to swap workloads from on premise to the cloud.
- Avoid limitations or failure of older hardware and connectivity.
- Don’t worry about storage and backup.
- Multiple varieties of Linux supported.
- Pay only for what you use.