|Dropbox has partnered with GÉANT to provide affordable access to Dropbox Education to education and research institutions across Europe. To find out more about this offering, .
Universities thrive when faculty, students, and staff work well together. Dropbox is the secure tool universities rely on to make collaboration easy. Faculties can focus more deeply on their research and organise assignments without hassle. Students can connect with classmates and professors, without having to worry about schedules. And staff can keep operations running smoothly with quick access to everything they need—from personnel info to financial data—all in one place.
What is the Dropbox + GÉANT partnership?
- A pre-negotiated contract for all NRENs and institutions in Europe
- Competitive pricing starting at 250 users with discounts that are confirmed for the term of this partnership (4 years) – quantity, multi-year, and community discounts
- EU data storage included in all plans
- GDPR compliant terms of services with court of law as either Amsterdam, London, or Dublin
- Partnership not only extends to institutions that buy for the first time but also those that are Dropbox customers and would like to renew under the Géant negotiated conditions
- Options for Dropbox Education (limited storage pool, lower prices) or Dropbox Advanced (as much storage space as needed) available
- Over 300.000 integrations available, including Shibboleth, Active Directory, Blackboard, Canvas, and many others relevant to the research as well as the teaching community
- Dedicated and specialist education team at Dropbox – contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read more and contact the specialist education team .
Learn without limits
Upload, download, view, and work on any file type or size—from academic papers to large MATLAB or STATA data sets—whether you’re in class, at a conference, or on-the-go.
Because Dropbox works on any device and all of the most popular operating systems, students and professors can connect using the smartphone, tablet, or laptop of their choice.
Dropbox works with the learning management systems and tools you already use, including Blackboard, Okta, Microsoft, Cloudlock
Protect your ideas
At Dropbox, data security and user privacy are paramount. You can learn more about our approach to security at . Reports are available for our SOC 1, 2, and 3 audits, as are our ISO 27001 and ISO 27018 certificates. Dropbox is also a member of CSA’s Security, Trust & Assurance Registry (STAR) and certified with the C5 standard of the German BSI. Find out more .
Dropbox has enterprise-grade security features like multi-layered protection and strict encryption, to guard against multiple threats and keep sensitive information secure.
Dropbox supports industry-accepted standards and regulations—including FERPA, COPPA, HIPAA, HITECH, ISO 27001 and ISO 27018. Dropbox, our data centres, and our managed service provider undergo regular third-party audits. where you will find helpful insight and practical steps for organisations as they maintain compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
See what users are doing and manage who has access to what,
monitor activity and control sharing easily using the Admin Console or the business API.
Expand your research horizons
Break down barriers to collaborative research and innovation. Share your ideas, info, and data with anyone—even external partners—whether they have a Dropbox account or not.
Dropbox is designed with simplicity in mind. No extra training needed.