Zoom is a video first communications platform that provides both free accounts (Basic Plan) and paid Education Specific licenses (EDU Plan) which are enhanced with additional functionality. The basic plan offers a maximum duration of 40 minutes for meetings with more than 2 participants.
Upon request, Zoom can provide advanced bundles that support all faculty and staff. This complete campus full deployment requires educators to license the service whilst students are issued free account access as part of this education version of Zoom.
Please visit www.zoom.us for automatic provisioning of a free basic plan for immediate access.
Webinar on Zoom for Research and Education:
Senior managers from Zoom from across the globe addressed the R&E community and offered detailed presentations on ZOOM and how it is being used in higher education to maintain continuity, excellence and provide an equal playing field to increase access to more students, faculty and researchers. The recording of the webinar is available to community members (federated login required).
Educational Pricing Plans:
Zoom’s education pricing is designed to provide dramatic cost savings to allow educational institutions to enjoy wide-spread adoption. All of the models are built on an “EDU named host” license style. This means, each named host can run unlimited meetings one at a time with a maximum of 300 participants (*participants do not require a license to join a session). The named host licenses must be tied to a discrete email address which cannot be generic nor shared.
How To Order Zoom:
For information on special education licences for Zoom institutions should contact their Cloud Service Delivery Managers: https://clouds.geant.org/nren-cloud-contacts/. The clouds team has ready-made details available on the GÉANT intranet (Federated access required).
NRENs wishing to take up this service can send their inquiries to email@example.com
All Agreements will be contracted directly with Zoom.
Zoom support for Education accounts is 24/7 365 and can be accessed in various mediums via the link below for both administrators and users alike.
For SLA’s, response times and ways to contact support click here
- Our whitepaper on security can be accessed here
- GDPR compliance and our pre-signed DPA
- Zoom Security response (29 March 2020)
Can my Education Network purchase bulk licenses from Zoom?
This construct is for each educational establishment to contract directly with Zoom using the method above and allow each university or educational establishment have their own instance of Zoom.
What resources do we have for Zoom’s education users?
Here are some guides to help school administrators, staff, teachers, students, and parents leverage Zoom for virtual learning:
- Education Guide: Getting Started on Zoom
- Tips and Tricks: Teachers Educating on Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Administrators and Staff
- Student Tips for Participating in Online Learning
- education Guide to Getting Started on Zoom
- Additionally, Outschool, a marketplace for live online classes, has made available Free Remote Teacher Training Webinars showing how to adapt teaching practices and curriculum to a live video chat classroom. These webinars are led by Outschool’s experienced teachers who have transitioned from in-person to online teaching. Educators can sign up and find available times/dates here.
- Find out how Zoom can help your organisation here.
How to Guides:
*Zoom reserves the right to change pricing at any time at our sole discretion